We’ve often been asked, does Utah have great marketers, or just great sales people? Well, the short answer is yes. Duh. A good product, or service is as only as successful as it’s ability to be marketed and sold, so naturally those two things go hand in hand, and Utah’s silicon slopes booming tech industry is proof of that.
Often, the marketing geniuses and brand designers behind the successful companies don’t get the recognition they deserve—they most often stay out of the spotlight, BUT we wanted to create an opportunity to highlight them, recognize them, and celebrate the strategies and initiatives they create and implement to build their brands and drive revenue.
And so, about a year ago, we teamed up with Silicon Sllopes to create, build, and launch the podcast By Subject, to talk about marketing and the marketers in Utah. We cover everything including:
- What was your first job in marketing?
- What are some early wins in your marketing position?
- Did you have a mentor? What did you learn from them?
- What do you love about marketing?
- What do you wish would change about marketing?
- What does your current roll look like on a week by week basis?
- What do you see as the benefits of being a marketer here in Silicon Slopes?
- What are some challenges of being a marketer here in Silicon Slopes?
- What is one piece of advice you would give to a marketer growing in their role?
- What should marketers expect to see in the next 5-10 years?
- And last but not least, what is a restaurant/bar/coffee shop that you would recommend here in Silicon Slopes?
In our first episode, we talked with Beau Oyler from Enlisted Design. We chatted about all brand things related to our hearts—what makes a craveable brand, how brand relates to industrial design, and why Chunga’s is the best taco spot in Salt Lake.
So, plug in, subscribe, and listen to By Subject on your favorite listening app. We’ve got lots of episodes with some brilliant marketers coming your way. You’ll also find links to listen or watch the podcast directly from our website bysubjectpodcast.com.